Waterstone on Augusta is a positive, caring workplace. We have fun every day, while reaping the rewards and satisfaction of delivering the highest quality assisted living and memory care to our residents.
“Serving Hearts” Wanted
We have heard many times that the #1 reason families choose a Foster Senior Living care community is our people. It is the caring hearts of our leadership and staff that make residents feel welcome and loved. Every member of our team goes out of their way to get to know and understand residents, to know the names of family members and to care about their history. We celebrate all the different personalities here, and go about our work keeping residents’ best interests top of mind.
Because of the critical role of each and every team member, we work hard to train and retain staff. Our compensation and benefit package is competitive. We offer career growth opportunities. We make our staff feel appreciated. We have a saying here, “It’s a calling, not a career.” If our culture sounds like a good fit for you, please apply online or in person.
We Are Hiring!
The Housekeeper is responsible for performing housekeeping and laundry functions in order to create a safe, secure, and inviting environment for residents, families and team members while meeting and exceeding Waterstone quality service standards.
Experience and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed throughout this job description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- High school diploma/GED accepted and maybe required per state regulations
- Able to provide housekeeping and laundry services in a resident centered environment, which meet or exceed The Piper’s quality standards
- Desire to work with seniors
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Demonstrate good judgement, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all community procedures and guidelines and having the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrates initiative
- Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions as applicable
- Responsible for performing general housekeeping duties in resident’s suites, public areas and support areas as assigned while meeting or exceeding Waterstone quality standards
- Performing cleaning duties according to schedule in assigned areas such as resident suites, bathrooms, common areas and offices
- Sweeps, dusts, dusts mops and wet mops all flooring; spot cleans and vacuums floors, rugs. carpets and runners
- Cleans, sanitizes and polished both lavatory, shower and sink fixtures
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and hand shampoo furniture, dusts desk and floor lamp, cleans and polishes glass surfaces, woodwork, walls and windowsills
- Before entering, always knock on resident’s doors and respect their privacy during the cleaning process
- Before entering, always knock on public restroom doors and wait for a response before beginning the cleaning process
- Maintains equipment and supplies needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition
- Responsible for transporting supplies, to include clean and soiled lined, to the appropriate storage and collection areas
- Responsible for trash collection and removal and for maintaining trash receptacles and collection areas in a clean, sanitary manner
Will assist cook directly and perform meal preparation and serving. Will be responsible for dining room set up and dish washing duties.
- Assist in preparation and serving of meals and snacks
- Assure safe and sanitary procedures
- Receive and store supplies
- Prepare dining room for meals, properly set tables
- Perform cleaning assignments – sweep, mop, clear and clean tables, vacuum, etc.
- Maintenance of housekeeping or laundry tasks
Reports to: Dietary Supervisor
Days, Evenings and Nights.
Experienced chef/cook with background in serving multiple customers at one time. Also looking for independent hard-working individual to run kitchen when dietary manager is off the schedule.
Please refrain from contacting the community regarding employment inquires.