It’s nearly festival season! Whether you’re a local or a tourist, there’s nothing quite like seeing a street lined with people, tents, vendors, and performers. From kettle corn and homemade goods to amazing artists and musicians, there is always something to look forward to. To be sure you don’t miss your favorite local festivities, mark your calendar using this list of 2018 festivals in Greenville, SC.
Festivals in Greenville, SC
- Greenbrier Farms’ 9th Annual Plant Sale, April 14, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.: Celebrate the start of the growing season with a visit to Greenbrier Farms for their 9th annual organic plant sale. You will find plenty of organic starter plants, including tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers, okra, eggplant, and even flowers. Greenbrier’s sustainably and humanely raised, pastured, grass-fed meats will also be available for sale.
- Strawberry Festival and Country Fair, May 5, 10 a.m–4 p.m.: Enjoy a beautiful spring day with some of the best things in life: friends and delicious food. This traditional festival celebrating strawberries features craft and food vendors, magic shows, and Greenville’s signature English country dancing.
- Artisphere, May 11–13: Immerse yourself in the arts at Artisphere, a three-day event that allows attendees the chance to converse with exhibiting artists and purchase unique works of art. If you want to give back to the art community, you can even volunteer.
- Summer on Augusta, June 14–17: Festival or not, Augusta Road is a beautiful place. Many of the businesses in the area get involved to celebrate summertime on this weekend in June with block parties, themed events, contests, and live music.
- Red, White, and Blue Festival, July 4: On Independence Day, the Red, White, and Blue Festival (sponsored by Wells Fargo) is the place to be. Gather your friends and watch one of the state’s largest firework displays.
- Bon Dance Japanese Culture Festival, Aug. 18: Admire Japanese culture at the Bon Dance Festival. You can experience a taiko drumming performance, traditional Japanese food, crafts, children’s activities, martial arts demonstrations, a tea ceremony, and the Bon Dance itself, complete with colorful kimonos. An added bonus – this event takes place inside, so it is a great way to escape the summer heat.
- Indie Craft Parade, Sept. 14–16: This three-day event celebrates the rising popularity of handmade goods. Get your Christmas shopping done early by purchasing one-of-a-kind, eccentric crafts, and encourage entrepreneurs of all ages. Enjoy local food and make sure to document your day by visiting the free photo booth.
- Euphoria, Sept. 20–23: Euphoria is an annual weekend-long festival that any foodie would enjoy. Attend exclusive tasting events, cooking demonstrations, and dine on a multi-course dinner while listening to live musical performances. You might even catch a glimpse of celebrity chefs and master sommeliers. Out of all of the festivals in Greenville, SC, this one is one of the most anticipated.
- Oktoberfest, Oct. 4–7: Each October, NOMA Square transforms into a German beer garden. Indulge in brews such as Paulaner’s Munich Lager and Hefeweizen while you enjoy a game of cornhole or Jenga. And if you’re really feeling hungry, compete in the bratwurst-eating contest.
- Fall for Greenville, Oct. 12–14: More than 40 of Greenville’s restaurants come together to offer amazing dishes during Fall for Greenville. You can taste menu items from restaurants all over the city, giving you the chance to discover your new favorite local dish. Music fans will also enjoy this event because the live entertainment does not disappoint.
This list of festivals in Greenville, SC, is just the beginning – you can find a thorough list at visitgreenvillesc.com. Here at Waterstone on Augusta, we work hard to connect residents with area activities so they can continue to enjoy their golden years. If you’re interested in joining a premier assisted living and memory care community in the heart of downtown Greenville, check out Waterstone on Augusta. Our welcoming community is relaxing and elegant, and we strive to enhance the quality of life of the seniors we serve through teamwork and unity. To learn more about our amenities and to view our lovely community, please schedule a tour, or call us today at 864-568-0482.